17 December 2008

Brighton Visit for Rider Spoke Monday 24th November 2008

Notes: finally get to have a go at Rider Spoke in Brighton around the Portslade area.
Weather was dry but really chilly, borrowed a bike from Blast Theory, liked the mike and earphone set up, very unobtrusive, realised once I started bike was to low for me so it was a bit uncomfortable to cycle. Didn't cycle very far followed map that showed where others had 'hidden'. Funny thing was that the cycling seemed the least important thing of the whole event. Music by Blanket really atmospheric fitted well with the dramatic sunset, made me feel outside of everyday as did the questions. Wasn't sure how much I was acting differently to someone who hadn't heard stuff from archive, found it problem to find places where I felt I could leave messages, felt a bit self-conscious answering some the questions, but some I found I gave more info than I meant getting really caught up in the moment, really forgot to notice world around me at those moments eg not noticing car trying to park where I had stopped to record. I think the cold meant the battery on my screen started beeping saying it was running low so I didn't listen to as many recording as maybe I would like. Geographical Place became less important than head space and discovering others head space. Overall I found the experience intimate, cold, lonely, melancholy.

No comments: